We offer soft tissue and orthopedic surgery at both our San Marcos and Vista Locations. The most up to date anesthesia and surgical equipment allows us to perform many routine and non-routine surgical services while ensuring your pet’s safety and comfort.
We are pleased to offer state-of-the-art laser surgery available for all surgical procedures. The Luxar Accuvet 20 watt CO2 Laser has numerous advantages over traditional scalpel surgical techniques including:
- Less Pain since the laser seals nerve endings.
- Less Swelling at the surgery site.
- Less Bleeding as the laser seals blood vessels.
In addition, the laser allows the doctors to remove tumors in hard to reach places or difficult surgical areas such as the mouth, throat, and ear canal. Small Adenomas or moles that grow on the bodies of may dogs (they look like pink fleshy cauliflower growths) can now be removed during routine office calls with only local anesthetic and laser ablation of the mole. The most obvious advantage of the laser is in its use to perform routine declaw operations in cats. Our feline friends now experience less pain and swelling, no bleeding even without the use of tourniquets, and can go home the same day of surgery instead of the normal 2 day hospitalization.
If you have a pet that may be a candidate for laser surgery please contact Dr. Schiebert for consultation.
Common Surgeries Performed at Shadowridge Veterinary Hospital:
- Spay or neuter surgery – low cost spay and neuter surgery
- Laser Declawing
- Lacerations and abscesses
- Tumor removal
- Orthopedic surgery: Fracture Repair, Cruciate Surgery ( ACL ), TTA, TPLO, Lateral Suture stabilization, TPO, FHO, OCD, Bone cancer, Amputation, Medial Patellar Luxation, Lateral Patellar Luxation, Hip dislocation, amputations etc.
- Abdominal surgery – Splenectomy, Exploratory Laparotomy, Pancreatic tumors, Liver tumors and biopsy, adrenalectomy, Cystotomy, nephrectomy, kidney stone surgery, bladder stone surgery, ectopic ureters, enterotomy, foreign body removal, intestinal biopsy, GDV – Bloat surgery, Prophylactic gastropexy, gall bladder removal
- Ear surgeries – Ear Hematoma Repair, Tumor removal, Lateral Ear Resection, Total Ear Canal Ablation
- Eye Surgery: Entropion, Ectropion, Eyelid Mass Removal, Enucleation, Distichia and ectopic cilia
- Reproductive surgery – C-section, Vulvaplasty, Episioplasty.
- Oral surgery
- Nasal Surgery and Biopsy